Tips to help with a successful at home learning environment:
1. Develop a daily plan. This includes a schedule and routines at home for schoolwork.
2. Provide a well-lit and quiet area to work where your child can focus.
3. Have necessary supplies to complete work (pencil, eraser, crayons etc.)
4. Provide support and positive encouragement while completing work.
5. Provide frequent breaks for yourself and your child.
6. Communication is key. Stay connected. Reach out to the teacher if you have any questions or concerns.
7. Stop working if your child becomes frustrated. I do not want your child to develop negative feelings about school.
8. Use the resources offered. There are many online sites that are fun to visit.
9. Balance online time with hands-on time such as a journal, play-doh, dry erase etc...
10. Enjoy family time.
11. Know that I am here for you. We are in this together and we will make it together.
Please visit the site below for additional information.
Hawaii Department of Education Parent Support